This study examines job satisfaction among workers in government establishment. It is the contention of the study that job satisfaction plays an important role in the attainment of organizational goals and objectives. In this study, data were collected through questionnaires. The secondary method is also used to collect data for the study. The respondents were selected through random sampling method. The independent variables like salary, job equitable distribution of rewards, ethnic background of workers were also used, and gender of the worker was also seen as a key indicator of the fact. All these independent variables were found to be positively related to job satisfaction in organization based on the findings, of the study, such recommendation like sending managers and supervisors on leadership training, ensuring equitable distribution of rewards, enriching the job done by the worker and disbursement of salaries and wages to the needs of workers.
For any organization to operate and function well and to achieve the aims and objectives for which it is set up, there must be workers working together in the work environment. The workers must put in their optimal performance. This can only happened when the workers are satisfied with the work environment and also behaviour, as well as unhappy family relationship and by extension the organization.
The organization which has a dissatisfied work force has to contend with such costs as incessant strikes, lockouts, soldering. It also suffers high labour turnover, and absenteeism which in turn leads to high labour turner in the long-run.
It is in view of this, that this study wants to examine job satisfaction among workers in government establishment.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
1. Does ethnic background of workers have effects on workers job satisfaction?
2. Do workers perception of the way they are being reacted to in relationship to other workers in similar status affect their satisfaction in the place of work?
3. Do workers perceptions of their salary affect their level of satisfaction in the work place?
4. Do workers gender affects their satisfaction in the work place?
5. Do workers perception of the group they work with affect their satisfaction in the work place?
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The main objective of this study is to ascertain how workers are being satisfied with their jobs. Specifically, this study will seek among other things, to:
1. Find out whether ethnic background affects job satisfaction.
2. Examine workers perception on their relationship with others.
3. Ascertain whether workers perception of their salary affect their level of satisfaction.
4. Verify how workers’ gender affect their satisfaction in the work place.
5. Determine workers perception of how the group they belong to affect their satisfaction.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study will examine job satisfaction among workers in government establishment in Benin City, Edo State. In the course of this study, local government in this study is Oredo Local Government Area. Questionnaires will be distributed to the different categories of workers in this establishment.
This study will cover thematic issues like causes of job satisfaction. The outcome of job satisfaction, effects of job satisfaction on workers performance and measurement of job satisfaction.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of the study will be divided into two folds namely: the practical significance and the theoretical significance.
This study will be of great benefit to the organization/establishment understudy, the relationship and recommendation will enable government to understand the phenomenon of job satisfaction in the organization. With the understanding of job satisfaction such organization can design programs that will help increase the level of satisfaction among its workers. It would also sensitize the management of the establishment on the need to design jobs in a way that it would increase the level of satisfaction associated with them.
This study will also be of great help to practicing managers in that it will help them to understand the dynamics of job satisfaction as a phenomenon in the organization.
The findings and postulations of this study will generate future research interest on job satisfaction as a very important phenomenon in organization. Those researchers on job satisfaction generated by generalization of the study will go a long way in enhancing the interest of job satisfaction and improve the level of understanding of this concept in organizational behaviour and industrial psychology.
The following hypotheses shall direct the thrust of this study.
1. Ho: Job satisfaction among workers is not independent on their gender.
Hi: Job satisfaction among workers is independent on their gender.
2. Ho: Job satisfaction among workers is not independent on their rewards (salary).
Hi: Job satisfaction among workers is independent on their rewards (salary).
3. Ho: Ethnic background does not significantly affect satisfaction with supervision.
Hi: Ethnic background significantly affect satisfaction with supervision.
|Department||Business Administration and Management|
|Project ID Code||BAM0399|
|No of Pages||98 pages|
|Contact Us On||+2347043069458|