The roles that small-scale enterprises play in the growth of an economy cannot be over emphasized. This is why government, organization and individuals have placed great premium to its development. Most big business today and the world over started as a small-scale enterprise. The industrial development interested in America and south-East Asian countries can be traced to numerous small-scale enterprises. Their careful studies and investigations have revealed that in the United State, only 1/10 of 10% of the total firms in the economy employ more than 2,500 workers. The study also showed that 89% of the total firm employs less than 100 employees. Nigerians slide to industrialize is strongly dependent on effectiveness of the growing small-scale industries with particular reference to Golden Toast Fast Foods situated in Enugu. In as much as regard to our country the continuous ineffectiveness of our small-scale enterprises have promote the reason for this work. This research works is therefore an attempt to look into key and embodying factors in small scale enterprises effectiveness. Small-scale industries play a very vital role in our economy. Apart from offering jobs to our teaming, unemployed youths, it has really boosted the industrial sector of our economy presently these are numerous types of small-scale enterprises ranging from fast food retailing business to departmental stores. Most of them are doing very well, among these small scale enterprise which attracted the researcher is Golden Toast Fast Foods. Golden Toast Fast Food has been doing very tremendously well in terms of its quality customer services turn-over and over all effectiveness. It is therefore, the concern of this study to investigate sources of those positives achievements. Why do people prefer it to other competing fast food like Crunches, Appetizing, Mac Donald and Celebrities? The study will also investigate problems facing the enterprises and suggests possible solutions to those problems. We can see that our research problem is reflecting a phenomenon that is positively because Golden Toast Fast Food is well moving.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Purpose of the study
1.4 Scope and Delimitation of the Study
1.5 Research Questions/hypothesis
1.6 Significance of the study
1.7 Definition of important terms
2.0 Literature Review
2.1 Characteristics of Small Scale Enterprises
2.2 Importance of small scale enterprise
2.3 Causes of failure of small scale enterprises
2.4 Factors to be considered in setting small-scale enterprises
2.5 Method of Financing Small Scale Industries
3.1 Research Designed and Methodology
3.2 Research Design
3.3 Area of study
3.4 Population of the study
3.5 Sampling and Sampling Techniques
3.6 Instruction for Data Collection
3.7 Validity of the Instrument
3.8 Reliability of the Instrument
3.9 Method Of Data Collection
3.10 Method of Data Analysis
4.0 Data Presentation and Analysis
4.1 Data Presentation
4.2 Test of Hypothesis
4.3 Summary of Results
5.0 Discussion Recommendation and conclusions
5.1 Discussion of Findings
5.2 Discussion of Findings
5.3 Implication of the Research Findings
5.4 Suggestion for Further Studies
5.6 Limitation of Study
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The role that small scale enterprise plays in the growth of an economy cannot be over emphasized. This is why government, organization and individuals have placed great premium to its development. Most bug business today and the world over started as small scale enterprises.
The industrial development interested in America and South-East Asian countries can be traced to numerous small scale enterprises. Their carefully studies and investigations have revealed that in United State, only 1/10 of 10% of the total firms in the economy employ more than 2,500 workers.
The study also showed that 89% of the total firms employed less than 100 employees.
Nigerian’s slide to industrialized in strongly dependent of effectiveness of the growing small scale industries with particular references to Golden Toast Fast Food situated in Enugu state.
This research work is therefore an attempt to look into key and embodying factor in effectiveness of small-scale enterprises effectiveness.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Small scale industries play vital role in our economy. Apart from offering jobs to our teaming unemployed youths, it is has really boosted the industrial sector of our economy presently these are numerous types of small scale enterprise ranging from fast food retailing business to departmental stores. Most of them are doing very well.
Among these small-scale enterprises which attracted the researcher Golden Toast Fast Food. Golden Toast Fas Food has been doing very tremendously well in terms of its quality, customers services, turn-over and over all effectiveness. It is therefore, the concern of this study to investigate the sources of these positive achievement.
Why do people prefer it to other competing fast food like Crunches, Appetizing Mac Donald and Celebrities? The study will also investigate problems facing the enterprises and suggest possible solution to those problem.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
1. To appraise entrepreneual effectiveness in small
2. scale enterprise.
3. To investigate the curses of success of Golden Toast Fast Food.
4. To find out problems facing small scale enterprises.
5. To search out solution to the problems facing effective management if small scale industries in Enugu.
6. To investigate the extent of government assistance to small scale enterprises
7. To know why Golden Toast Fast Food is seen as one of the best competing Fast Food in Enugu.
8. To verify the situation of our small scale and how they operating.
9. To accord appreciation to various small scale enterprise in other to ensure entrepreneurship.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
1. What is the extent of entrepreneur effectiveness in Golden Toast Fast Food enterprise?
2. How the profitability of Golden Toast Fast Food increased over the years?
3. What is the extent and Caliber of customers that patronizing Golden Toast Fast Food?
4. Is entrepreneurship effectiveness the reason for success story achieved by the enterprise?
5. Finally, the above questions, is how the research questions are restricted.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The rationales for this study cannot be over-emphasized. It shall go a long way towards enhancing the educational professionals and private needs of the society. Students are likely to benefit first as it shall open up new areas of study towards entrepreneurs in small-scale enterprises. Professional of industrials sector shall be at least with the finds of the study which will help them increase their productivity. The study shall help produce capable entrepreneurship who shall mean our small scale enterprises since this study shall highlight circumstances for effectiveness the work is bound to create and stimulate self-employment among our youths and punctual graduates, induce small-scale entrepreneur growth as well as promote productivity in our small-scale enterprises, thereby leading to the country’s industrial development sooner than later.
1.7 DEFENITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
1. Appraisal: This means to make judgment of the value, performance or nature of something or somebody. In order words I can say that appraisal means to assess something or estimate some issues or worth likehood of assessment and quantity value.
2. Entrepreneur: An entrepreneur is a person that is able to use innovative ideas, dreams and concept to produce economic opportunities, organize and manage availability resources , while undertaking possible risks and at a profit. He also can be a person who plan and manage a business, which can undertaker or enterprise of entrepreneual personality and financial commitment and he assume all risk in the business. Finally, he is reward for effectiveness optional profit.
3. Entrepreneurship: This is about creating and putting the ideas creative into effect through the use of available resources. For a venture to quickly make impact and succeed the entrepreneur should be able to develop an entirely new business concept which has never been done before specially in his business environment or device ways to create something relatively new from old concept. This is called modifacating for example, making old wine and putting it in a new form of bottle. In order words it can be called a skill, the process and the act of assuming an entrepreneur. It also a way of introducing new ideas in response to one situation of simple creative innovations.
4. Effectiveness: This is ability of producing the intended or actual result, being efficacious and efficient.
5. Entrepreneurship Effectiveness: entrepreneurship effectiveness is a situation in which ventures are backed with adequate analysis of entrepreneual personality towards a business thereby making a desirable profit equity.
6. Appraisal of Entrepreneurship Effectiveness: This is to make judgment of the performance of entrepreneurs ability to produce actual result.
7. Small-Scale Enterprise: Small scale enterprise are that which has an independent management, owner supplied capital mainly, local area of operation are relative small with the enterprise. Small scale enterprise are generally low in terms of number of person employed and in the amount of investment and annual business turn-over infact, a small scale enterprises seem less systemized and formalized that what can reasonably appear as a medium or large scale enterprises.
8. Appraisal of Entrepreneurship Effectiveness In Small-Scale Enterprises: This is to make a judgment of his performance of entrepreneur ability to produce actual result in small scale enterprises.