This research focuses attention on The Purpose And Use Of Management Consultancy Firm with special attention on Onitsha South Local Government Area
This work is carried out in partial fulfillment of the course requirement for the award of higher national diploma of the institute of management and technology.
Critical assessment was made on how industrialists in Onitsha South have been using the services of the management consultancy forms and how aware they of their service.
Through this research one could see the ignorance of some of the industrialist towards the consultancy forms. Their reasons for not consulting them were also explained. Observations were made on what is restraining the consultancy forms from rendering their services.
Finally, suggestions were given in the conclusion and if well applied could be beneficial to all
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 Background of the study
1.2 Statement of the problem
1.3 Scope and limitation of the study
1.4 Significance of the study
1.5 Research questions
1.6 Definition important of terms
2.1 The origin of the subject matter
2.2 School of though within the subject matter
2.3 School of thought relevant to the problem of the study
2.4 Effect on industrialist
2.5 Reasons for establishing it in the zone
Research design and methodology
3.1 Sources of data
3.2 Different methods of studying the problems
3.3 Treatment of data
3.4 Sample size
3.5 Research procedure
3.6 Validity of the instrument
4.0 presentations of data analysis and interpretation of data
5.1 Summary of findings
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Nigeria has a complex society with different types of organization. Every organization encounters one or more problems that hamper the organization in achieving its set objective and goals. These problems ranges from financial availability human resources shortages monitoring competitor’s strategies raw materials shortages lack knowledge of how to manage the organization efficiently and effectively in this social economic political and technological changes.
In Onitsha South this dynamism in the environment has continued to pose certain threats and opportunities to many organization e.g raw material sourcing market diversification research and development intensified competition market store managerial innovation improved organization climate and in fact an orientation towards an improved social quality of life. When this rapid change the management of any innovation and goal committed industrial establishment will periodically require a through skillful appraisal to the extent of which the current organization product and performance will meet the requirement of the situation and that of the organization goals and objective if the performance is shown to be inadequate management needs to be advised on how rectify this situation. To do this we require an individual with an experience of that is happening within the industrial establishment that is an employee (if one can be seen) possibly may not due to this assignment within the establishment. When an individual within the organization is not available it then requires the service of a management consultant to come in the must be committed to this work for it to function properly he should not be a member of the organization.
Management consultancy service is a constructive helpful deliberate and professional service provided to business organization to help the management in analyzing and solving practical organization problem by experts.
It focuses on the use of the expertise and research capabilities of their experts and facilities outside an organization to help solve internal organization problem. This aim is achieved by the management consultants through investigation and business recommendation of appropriate managerial actions and provision of implementation guidelines and facilities as a way of findings feasible and commensurate solutions to the problem at hand.
Management consultants have passed through many organizational problems and have leant how to use experiences from previous assignment to handle new once.
Management consultants keep abreast with development in management methods and technique and at the same time acting as a link between management theories and practices
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The massive failure of industrial establishment for the past few year were due a inadequate planning unforeseen frequent government policy changes shortage of raw materials inadequate financing of the organization.
Another problem that hamper the growth of industrial establishment or business in Onitsha South Local Government Area is that industrial establishment have not been making adequate use of services if the management consultancy firms
Thirdly though some firms may make use of the management consultancy firms they are still not making proper use of them for instance some firms do not state all that their problems are so that they could be taken care of properly.
Finally most industrialist or businessmen in Onitsha South L.G.A do not know the purpose of management consultancy firms.
This is because of lack of proper education on the part of the industrialist most of them are illiterates.
There is a problem of awareness creation the consultants fail make or create an industrialist are illiterate. They should be able to market themselves.
1.4 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
THE IMPORTANCE OF STUDYING THIS RESEARCH IS TO
1. To examine how well the management consultants have been servicing the industrial establishment professionally that is from the industrial establishment points of view
2. Determine to what extent industrial establishment in Ohitsha South of Anambra State are aware and well informed about the service rendered by the management consultants and the benefit of such service to the industries
3. To verify problems hindering the industries from using the services rendered by the management consultants and also suggest alternative solution to problems.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
This research work will try to find answers to the following questions.
1. Do firms come to you for consultancy services?
2. How do you attend to this firm?
3. What kind of advice do you offer to them?
4. Do you ever inform them of government policies as regards the type of business they what to engage?
5. Do you ever direct them on the importance of feasibility studies before carrying out any business?
6. What emphasis do you lay on the basis amenities needed in sitting a business location
7. Are there gains derived by first of all consulting firms for counseling before sitting a business environment
8. What eventually are the objectives of the management consultancy firm with special reference on the Onitsha South Local Government Area?
1.6 DEFINITION OF IMPORTANT TERMS
From the purpose of this work the following under listed terms are defined they are
1. Industrial Establishment: This is a business organization that engages in any of the following activities namely extracting manufacturing, processing and providing services that are essential to uplifting of human living standard.
2. Consultant Report: This is the report of the consultant’s assignment in a written from. It contains the consultant’s findings and recommendations.
3. Client the person (s) or organization that engage the consultants it also means the customers of the management consultant.
4. Foreign body: Is an outsider when is neither a part of the worker in the company nor a customer.
5. Repeat Behaivour: This is the marketing term used to connote a repeat purchase of a commodity or service.
6. Missions: The objective or goals an organization or an individual wants to activities
|Department||Business Administration and Management|
|Project ID Code||BAM0242|
|No of Pages||60 pages|
|Contact Us On||+2347043069458|