The Antenatal unit in the outpatient Department of any hospital letters for medical advices and treatments to payment mothers before delivery. Antenatal care is all about material and fetal care, to see that the baby is developing without malformation and giving mothers advice an what to eat, type of exercise needed scanning and pathology rest. This project work tends to design and implement a system (computerized) that offers information on Antenatal care as of when due (Just-in-time) to effect discussion making in specially the case study which is Parklane Specialist Hospital Enugu that will pursue and meet the aim of the existing manual Antenatal information system but with high reliability, accuracy, speed and less cost.
ORGANIZATION OF WORK
CHAPTER 1 highlight the purpose aims and objectives of the study, statement of the problem scope and limitation of the study and definition of terms related to the study
CHAPTER 2 review the related literature to the topic
CHAPTER 3 researches and analyses the existing manual system Antenatal care Information together with the fact finding method used, organizational structure, objectives of the existing system, input, process and output analyses, the problem of the existing system and solution to the inherent problem facing the existing system.
CHAPTER 4 Delanson the Design of the new system with input and output specifications
CHAPTER 5 talls on the new system implementation testing, training of staff the new system, conversion method.
CHAPTER 6 this chapter talks on the documentation of the new system based on the 3 aspects of system documentation viz user documentation, operator documentation and program documentation.
The Final Chapter 7: deals on commendation by the author, conclusion of the work and reference.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Organization of the work
Table of content
1.1 background of the study
1.2 statement of the problem
1.3 problems of the study
1.4 the purpose of the study
1.5 scope of the study
1.6 aims and objectives
1.7 limitations of the study
1.8 definition of terms
3.1 input analyses
3.3.2 process analyses
3.3.3 output analyses
3.4 organization structure
3.5 problems of the existing system
3.6 objectives of the existing system
DESIGN OF THE NEW SYSTEM
4.1 input specification and design
4.2 output specification and design
4.3 procedure chart
4.4 system flowchart
4.5 system requirement
SYSTEM IMPLEMENTAITON AND PROGRAMMING
5.1 program design
5.2 program flowchart
5.3 program codes
5.4 test runs
5.5 program testing & implementation
DOCUMENTAITON OF THE NEW SYSTEM
6.1.1 program documentation
6.1.2 user documentation
6.1.3 operator documentation
7.1 Recommendation and conclusion
An information system provides information for decision makers in any organization, which are required for the great functions of planning coordinating and controlling, therefore it is necessary to discover an adequate means of making the information available to everyone concerned, this is because for decision to be made correctly and timely the information must be consistent, accurate and reliable (just-in-time) to affect the operation for which it is being provided.
Thus, this project work design and implementation of a computerized information system of Antenatal care is aimed of provided necessary information about all operations. The antenatal unit which are very necessary for proper control and coordination of the unit.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The case study of the project work is parklane general Hospital. The Antenatal unit is an aspect of the outpatient department. The Antenatal unit is incharge of carrying for material and fetal well being before childbirth. This section of the hospital is facing hitches presently due to the manual method of information processing, as most pregnant mother don’t enjoy good and timely services. Presently apart from time leg, the case study meet it objectives any way, but not reliably and timely.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The major function of the Antenatal unit is to cater for material and fetal well being until childbirth, which is why the pregnant mother visits the unit. This is the project work is on design implementation of an antenatal information system that will help in timely and useful information processing with its case study as the Park Lane Specialist Hospital, Enugu, Enugu State.
1.3 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
There are setbacks in information dissemination and flow in park lane Specialist Hospital Antenatal unit thus the research felt the need to embark on this study in other to identify and provide solutions to those setback as the objectives of the work include.
- The work will create on awareness of the ideal contents of Antenatal care which include:- Preconception counseling, Assessment of risk factors, Assessment of fetal well being etc.
- The work will be able to provide information on educating especially first time pregnant mothers about normal discomforts of pregnancy, Emotional aspects (including post-nata depression so that these mothers are being reassured and fears driver away.
- The study will be able to incorporate a software that can keep track of information about Antenatal patients and their History (medical examinations)
- The study will be able to clear the doubts of the relevance of Antenatal care.
- And lastly the work is centered on educating mothers, providing information to health care agents and the antenatal unit for proper information flow.
1.4 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
this work only covers the provision of information related to the Antenatal unit of the outpatient department of the hospital.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECITVES
The aims and objectives of the system are to
(1. Enhance information availability to doctors about patients and to Antenatal patients about antenatal care.
(2. To enhance access to information about Antenatal patients i.e quick information retrieval and adequate storage.
(3. Automate Antenatal mother registration in the Hospital
(4. Provide an accurate, Reliable and desire information for the management, patients of parklane specialist hospital and also provide a best way of information processing retrieval and storage for future reference.